A 2 day course for existing Lead Auditors
The Energy Management System Auditor Conversion training is designed to equip experienced Lead Auditors with the knowledge needed to assess and report on the conformance and effective implementation of an Energy Management System against ISO 50001.
This 2 day course provides an opportunity for existing management systems auditing professionals to update their skills in interactive and supportive surroundings. The programme is designed to broaden skills and give a thorough understanding of ISO 50001 requirements and audit criteria. This course is designed for those who have already passed a Lead Auditor course.
This will be supported by applying the new requirements to work related scenarios and allowing auditors to practise their skills.
At the end of the course, a participant will be able to:
- Understand the structure and requirements of the new standard.
- Describe the purpose of an Energy Management System.
- Prepare, conduct and develop the required skills for an ISO 50001:2018 audit.
- Describe the new requirements of Annex SL relating to organisational context, leadership, planning and support.
- Explain the purpose, content and interrelationship of ISO 50001 and the legislative framework relevant to an Energy Management System.
- Appreciate the new structure of the clauses.
- Understand the generic management system framework.
- Interpret new and revised terms and definitions.
- Understand the key concepts of ISO 50001
- Explain the principles, processes and techniques used for the assessment and management of risk, including the significance of these for EMS auditors.
- Understand Auditor Certification transition arrangements.