This 1 day course is widely applicable to companies that design and produce products. It is also designed to support the requirements of IATF 16949 and Six Sigma activities.
The key objectives are to enhance the participants’ existing knowledge and skills to enable them to become more effective at managing their work process and meeting customer requirements.
At the end of the course, a participant will understand:
- The role of FMEA in new product introduction, process management and improvement.
- How to develop and interpret an FMEA
- How product failures and process problems can be avoided.
- The control plan methodology.
- The link with quality management requirements, e.g. IATF 16949, APQP / PPAP
Project and engineering managers, process owners and engineers, design / project engineers, quality engineers, sales engineers, quality auditors and other personnel who are involved with the introduction of new products and contribute to APQP / PPAP activities. Also, those personnel who need to understand the principles and terminology in order to communicate effectively with customers and suppliers.