This 5 day course is the premier standard in training for auditors. It takes the skills and knowledge of auditors to the level necessary for conducting effective third party and external audits of Quality, Environmental and Occupational Health & Safety management systems.
The course is challenging and highly participative. It involves the use of advanced learning techniques in all of the group sessions. It is designed to stretch the delegates and the tutor, so that everyone involved gets the most from the event. The course has a 2-hour examination at the conclusion. Participants must successfully complete the practical work and the exam.
The course also features a range of scenarios that a Lead Auditor will experience and will help them to understand how to interpret these situations in an auditing environment. The scenarios are drawn from ‘real’ life’ situations and are designed to challenge the delegates concepts of quality, the environment and health & safety and interpretation of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018.
The course culminates in one of the few opportunities that those wishing to attend a course of this nature could experience, namely a Live Audit. This gives the delegates the opportunity to take their learning out of the conference room and into the real world. The opportunities this gives to the delegates is unique and allows the team to experience and respond to real live situations. A learning opportunity that is not to be missed!
Ay the end of the course, a participant will:
- Have experienced each stage of planning, preparation, conducting and reporting of a first, second- or third-party audit.
- Understand how to deploy and manage a team of auditors.
- Have experienced a range of scenarios designed to expand their knowledge and interpretation of the ISO9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 standards and how to assess diverse applications of management systems.
- Have the ability to assess and evaluate disparate examples of auditing situations and to interpret their impact on compliance with the relevant parts of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018
- Have experienced all stages of conducting and reporting a live audit.
- Have undertaken Live opening and closing meetings with host company representatives.
- Have a complete evidence portfolio of a live audit.
Any personnel involved in internal audits, but specifically those involved in second party (supplier) or third party (certification) audits.
Delegates are expected to have knowledge of:
- Management systems
The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review and continual improvement.
- Quality, Environmental and Occupational Health & Safety management
The fundamental concepts and management principals
- ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001
An understanding of the requirements of the standards and the commonly used management terms and definitions.
To support this, a short pre-course task is issued to delegates prior to the course, the results of which form an introduction to the courses first activity.