ISO 45001 was created by the world’s certification bodies to remove the confusion and duplication around excellence in the management of Health & Safety. The Standard has been developed to be compatible with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 to facilitate the integration of these key issues. ISO 45001 requires a system to manage health and safety, control risk and continually improve performance.
The 2-day Internal OHSMS Auditor course is intended for all personnel who will be involved in auditing health and safety within the ISO 45001 framework, this course is delivered to meet the requirements of ISO 19011 and promote the integration of audit practice with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
At the end of the course, a participant will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of an OHS management system
- Explain the scope of OHS management system standards and, where applicable, other criteria
- Describe the principles, processes and techniques used for the assessment of risk and the significance of these in OHS management systems
- Interpret the requirements of OHS management systems standards in the context of an audit
- Effectively plan, conduct and report an internal audit of an organisation’s management and operation in accordance with the requirements of relevant OHS audit criteria
- Undertake audit follow-up activities including evaluating the effectiveness of corrective and preventative action