A 5 day course for Environmental and Energy Management professionals.
The Energy Management System Lead Auditor training is designed for Environmental and Energy Management professionals to update their audit skills and obtain the knowledge needed to assess and report on the conformance and effective implementation of an Energy Management System against ISO 50001.
The course is designed to broaden skills and give a thorough understanding of ISO 50001 requirements and audit criteria.
This will be supported by applying the new requirements to work related scenarios and allowing auditors to practice their skills.
At the end of the course, a participant will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of ISO 50001 and the benefits to an organisation of using the standard.
- Outline and interpret the requirements of the ISO 50001 management systems specification in the context of an audit.
- Effectively plan and conduct an audit of the management and operation of an organisation in accordance with the requirements of relevant EnMS audit criteria.
- Understand the key concepts and approaches to an energy management system.
- Understand relevant ISO 50001 definitions and terminology.
- Know what energy management legislation and sources of information you need to be aware of.
- Understand the principles, processes and techniques used for the assessment of risk and the significance of these in all energy management systems.
- How to outline and interpret the requirements of the ISO 50001 management systems specification in the context of an audit.