This 1 day course is designed to meet the needs of companies involved with automotive quality systems such as IATF 16949 and addresses the typical requirements of the automotive industry. However, the principles are applicable to many business situations where adequate planning and validation of products and processes is key to success.
The key objectives are to enhance the participants’ existing knowledge and skills to enable them to contribute effectively to the product realisation process.
At the end of the course, a participant will understand:
- The role or Production Part Approval within the product realisation process.
- How various organisational functions contribute to PPAP.
- The requirements for a typical PPAP record and submission document.
- The role of the ‘core tools and techniques’ involved in PPAP.
- The relationship of PPAP with APQP and IATF 16949
Project and engineering managers, design and development engineers, project engineers, quality engineers, sales engineers, quality auditors and other personnel who are involved with the introduction of new products and contribute to APQP / PPAP activities. Also, those personnel who need to understand the principles and terminology in order to communicate effectively with customers and suppliers.