CQI IRCA 18180 PT236: QMS ISO 9001:2015 Internal Auditor
The use of Quality Management Systems and Internal Audits is a familiar concept to organisations wishing to focus upon improvement. However many organisations have lost sight of or failed to take advantage of the business benefits that can be obtained by understanding and embracing the recent breakthrough changes that have occurred in the design and interpretation of the Standards that make up the ISO 9000 family.
This Course from TMS Insight brings its customers up to date with the latest tools and techniques which will allow auditors to bring the full business benefits that these changes can offer to their companies.
The latest training materials and learning techniques are employed, delegates will gain access to examples of the latest techniques and how to use them. Not only will this course cover the core skills of effective auditing, it will also show how to link auditing to improved customer service, improved process / service mechanisms, reduced waste, enhanced financial and operational performance for their business, and how to understand how to take advantage of the reductions in bureaucracy that the new Standards offer and that many QMS’s suffer from.
The course is designed to ensure that you and your company have professional and competent staff who understand how to obtain lasting and significant improvements to your QMS.
It is also designed to ensure they have access to examples of best practice when auditing, how auditing relates to continuous improvement and how to undertake the key stages of the audit cycle plan, conduct, report and follow up on the findings of an internal audit. It features an audit of ‘Wilsons – Tops for Taps’ looking at the effectiveness of goods inwards and goods inwards inspection processes so that courses delegates get to put the theory into practice.
The Course Objectives
At the end of the course, a participant will know;
- How to plan, conduct, report and follow up on an internal audit.
- How to use ISO 9001:2015 Standard to Design and Audit a Quality Management System (QMS) which has the flexibility to accommodate all the aspects of an Integrated Management System (IMS).
- How to guide, manage and audit the transition from traditional proceduralised management systems to an advanced and integrated management system which is more effective, business focused and reduces procedural bureaucracy.
- How to conduct, report and audit using process auditing techniques.
- How to incorporate into your audit an evaluation of performance trends associated with key business success measures.
Those commissioning an in-house course can take advantage of the opportunity to undertake a ‘Live’ on-site Audit. ‘An ounce of practice is worth a ton of theory’ and delegates comment very positively on the live audit during the in house delivery of this course
Duration: 2 Days
Target Audience: Personnel from all organisational functions, especially those involved in business improvement process performance and design, compliance, customer service, performance monitoring, management and updating of the QMS to an IMS.
Prerequisites: There are no major pre requisites to this course as all topics are taught from first principles.
CQI IRCA 18223 PR328: QMS ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor
FEATURES A LIVE AUDIT
This is the premier standard in training for Auditors. It takes the skills and knowledge of Auditors to the level necessary for conducting effective third party and external audits of Quality Management Systems. The course includes a full day ‘Live Audit’ to make the learning real and value adding.
The course is challenging and highly participative. It involves the use of advanced learning techniques in all of the group sessions. It is designed to stretch the delegates and the tutor, such that everyone involved gets the most from the event.
The course also features a range of scenarios that an Auditor / Lead Auditor will experience and helps them to understand how to interpret these situations in an auditing environment. The scenarios are drawn from’ real-life’ situations and are designed to challenge the delegates concepts of quality and interpretation of the ISO9000 series.
The course culminates in one of the few opportunities that those wishing to attend a course of this nature could experience, namely a Live Audit. This gives the delegate the opportunity to take their learning out of the conference room and into the real world. The opportunities this gives to the delegates is unique and allows the team to experience and respond to real live situations. A learning opportunity that is not to be missed!
The Course Objectives
By the end of the course, a participant will;
- Have experienced each stage of the planning, preparation, conducting and reporting of a first, second or third party audit.
- Understand how to deploy and manage a team of auditors.
- Have experienced a range of scenarios designed to expand their knowledge and interpretation of the ISO9000 series and how to assess diverse applications of management systems.
- The ability to assess and evaluate disparate examples of auditing situations and to interpret their impact on compliance with the relevant parts of ISO9001:2015
- Have experienced all stages of conducting and reporting a live audit.
- Have undertaken ‘Live’ opening and closing meetings with host company representatives.
- Have a complete evidence portfolio of a live audit.
Duration: 5 Days
Target Audience: Any personnel involved in internal audits, but specifically those involved in second party (supplier) or third party (certification) audits.
Prerequisites: Some knowledge of the ISO9001:2015 series is required. To support this a short pre-course task is issued to delegates, the results of which form a humorous introduction to the courses first activity.
CQI IRCA 19595 PT233: QMS ISO 9001:2015 (Combined) Transition
This CQI IRCA approved training course is designed for existing Lead Auditors who need to make the transition to the new standard. Successful completion of the course is recognised by CQI IRCA and meets the auditor transition requirements in full. Delivered over two days this interactive course focuses on the key changes in the standard and the implications for audit. It includes a one hour examination and your are required to pass the practical and examined elements of the training course
INTEGRATED MANAGEMENT SYSTEM – INTERNAL AUDITOR: 3 DAYS
This 3 day Integrated Internal Auditor course has been designed for those wishing to conduce integrated audits of management systems meeting the requirements of the most commonly integrated Standards ISO 9001: ISO 14001 and draft ISO 45001. This internal auditing course enables delegates to prepare for, conduct effective integrated management systems audits and produce audit findings and conclusions to drive continuous improvement.
As well as our public courses we offer an in-house option that provides flexibility to change the emphasis and content of the training in line with your requirements and a ‘Live Audit’ is encouraged for around 2 hours on the final day of the course. This gives the team the opportunity to put the theory into practice and also provides the company with an audit outcome to count against their internal audit programme.
- Understanding the requirements of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and draft ISO 45001
- An outline of Environmental and Occupational Health & Safety legislation
- Auditing terminology
- Types of audit
- The audit process
- Auditing for compliance, effectiveness and improvement
- Auditing skills
- Planning, preparation and management of audits
- Checklist development
- Conducting audits (case study or live audit options)
- Reporting audit findings
- Verifying corrective actions